Purchasing Guide for Ellipticals
Ellipticals are great machines because they provide a cardiovascular workout through an impact-free experience. These machines are favorites for those who can’t run anymore, have bad knees or experienced runners who want to cross-train.
When purchasing an elliptical, there are a few things one should be looking for or considering while one is shopping.
- Ergonomics: Anyone who is looking to purchase an elliptical, should try them out before buying one. These machines can fit different people in different ways. Factors such as how comfortable is the stride or the feel of the handlebars are things that only can be figured out by getting on an elliptical.
- Incline: Having the ability to incline is a huge benefit when looking at ellipticals. Changing the inclination level changes the muscle groups one is working out. Not only that, it provides variety to one’s workout routine so it doesn’t get monotonous.
- Footprint: Most ellipticals range from 50 to 84 inches in length. So think about where the elliptical best fits in your home before shopping.
- Programs: These are the built-in customizable workout routines that every elliptical has. Example program titles include, hills, intervals and fat burner. These allow one to have more variability in their workout routine which is important. The more programs the more different ways there are to reach one’s fitness goals.
- Heart Rate programs: Some people like to monitor his or her heart rate when exercising. Others don’t even know what their heart rate is. This is a metric that some use to monitor their progress to getting in better shape. Determining how one would like to monitor their progress will affect if the elliptical needs this feature or not.
- Warranty: All of our new products at First Place Fitness have warranties that last for years. One can feel safe purchasing equipment from us, knowing they are protected against unexpected hiccups in their fitness journey.
For any additional questions contact us at 904-998-0738.
Locations in Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota, Melbourne
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.